Thursday, December 1, 2016

Charcoal Drawing

Charcoal drawing

For the charcoal drawing we had to use charcoal, no not just black, we had a variety of shades and values of it. From white to black, we had to draw a still life drawing with charcoal and get as much value as we could with it with what charcoal we had. I used my blending cloth a lot to get most of my value with all the objects. I had a white charcoal pencil that I used to get certain objects to have a certain shade or light spots like on the paint holder and the ball. I used the white pencil to put details in, on for instance the skate.

I happened to like this assignment and drawing because it was fun to play wth charcoal and see how you can actually use it, blend it, etc. I like using charcoal better than pencils because you can get much better values and highlights with it. It took awhile but it was worth it in my opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment